SS Lesson 19 NOV
- What is the definition of innocent?
- What definition of innocent applies to the phrase “innocent blood”?
- Based on Job 1:8 was there any doubt Job was innocent?
- What made Job innocent?
- How was Job’s legal status relevant to the message of the Book of Job?
- Understanding the folly of Job’s legal view of God’s justice when he wanted to take God to court to prove his innocence, how does Isaiah 53 illuminate the Gospel represented in Job 42:1-6?
- How does Paul’s rendition of Isaiah 53 in Philippians 2:5-11 link us with Christ?
- How does Paul link Faith and Hope in Hebrews 11:1? ὑπόστασις- guarantee/assurance
- How does he link them to Love in 1 Corinthians 13?
- Why is Love the greatest?
- What is the relationship between the words “test/tested” and “approved”?
- How does this understanding of “test” and “approve” illuminate Romans 5:1-5?
- How does Paul expand upon Romans 5 in 1 Corinthians 3:5-15? What comes through the fire and what does not?
- Did Paul think his legal status (blameless) was sufficient? Philippians 3:4-7 ζημίαν- transactional loss
- Based on the message of the Book of Job, and the messages of Paul, is innocent blood sufficient for salvation?
- Was Christ’s death on the cross a transaction or a revelation?
Christ does not say, “This is life”; He said, “I am the life.”